Carrying a pocket knife is important because it can be used in a variety of situations and scenarios in order to make tasks easier, faster, and safer. For instance, a pocket knife can help open a package, tighten a screw, and even cut rope or fabric. It can also be used to open bottles and cans, sharpen sticks, and even as a mini-tool to pry things open.
Pocket knives can also be used for self-defense, in case you’re ever in a situation where you need to defend yourself. Even just having it on you can be a deterrent and show potential attackers that you’re ready to fight back if necessary.
Overall, an Every Day Carry (EDC) pocket knife is a valuable tool that you should have with you at all times in case you need it. It can be used for everyday tasks, self-defense, and can provide peace of mind knowing that you’re prepared for anything.
A pocket pen knife allows you to carry a toolbox in your pocket, effectively, and they have long been a popular design with survivalists and boy scouts alike. We’ll take a look at some of the best tactical penknives on the market at the moment, as well as the special features that make them so useful in the first place.
Below, we take a look at some of the best tactical penknives on the market at the moment, as well as the special features that make them so useful in the first place.
What should You look for in a Tactical Pen Knife?
Many fail to see much difference between a standard folding knife and a tactical one. The differences are, indeed, subtle. However, in the situation where you need one, you’ll notice the difference!
The robust build of a tactical knife is specially designed with the idea of rescue in adverse circumstances in mind. Tactical basically means that you have a knife with purpose- both as a
The robust build of a tactical knife is specially designed with the idea of rescue in adverse circumstances in mind. Tactical basically means that you have a knife with purpose- both as a defense tool and as a rescue/survival tool and that the knife must fulfill all these needs well.
They should be ergonomically designed with a comfortable handle that doesn’t pinch, rub or bite into the hand of the person holding it.
Test this in a grip both where the knife blade comes out the top of the fist and where it is reversed.
While some shaping to the hilt will make the knife comfortable to hold, too much zealousness here will force your fingers into a predetermined pattern that may well not work for the task at hand and should be avoided.
Your knife should also be a good size in your hand. You should also consider the purpose to which you intend to put it when deciding on
Your knife should also be a good size in your hand. You should also consider the purpose to which you intend to put it when deciding on the length of the blade.
While most of the focus is, of course, on the blade, the handle deserves some attention too. Not only does it need to be well enough designed to be easy and comfortable to hold, but it also needs to be as robust as the blade it is serving.
If the blade is a folding type, which most are, it should also have a blade lock on it for safety, to prevent the blade slamming shut on your fingers accidentally.
Folders are never quite as strong as their fixed blade counterparts, but they’re also nowhere near as inconvenient to carry.
Most will have a belt or pocket clip to carry the unit, and you should take care that this, too, is of robust design and won’t easily break.
Most tactical pocket knives will also come with other features. A glass breaker is practically standard in the style and will come in immense handy in a rescue or survival situation.
Many will also have bottle openers for convenience, seatbelt cutters in case of an accident and much more. As with the knife itself, it’s important not to get distracted by the
As with the knife itself, it’s important not to get distracted by the glamor of these extras and to make sure that they are well built and fit for purpose.
With that overview of the features of a tactical pen knife aside, it’s time to look at some great specimens of the genre to help you decide on the best knife for you.
Best Tactical Pocket Knife For EDC
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS: Made from quality materials. 3CR13 black stainless steel blade provides an excellent balance of hardness and corrosion resistance.
- TACTICAL EVOLVED: Manufactured with the military police and fire & rescue professionals need’s in mind.
- DEPENDABLE: Provides consistent razor-sharp cutting performance and high durability. A knife you can count on for camping hiking backpacking hunting & fishing the outdoors military & tactical needs...
- DIMENSIONS: 3.25-inch Drop Point Partially Serrated Blade 7.75-inch overall length.
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Spring Assisted Finger Flipper Blade Cut Out Pocket Clip Black Aluminum Handle Liner Lock Glass Punch Bottle Opener.
- Blade Material: AR-RPM9 powder steel
- Handle Material: G10
- Blade Hardness: 59-61HRC
- Designer:Savannah Swaggerty
- Spring assist Folding knife offers rapid one-handed deployment, locks securely into place with liner lock
- Silver stainless steel blade with straight edge
- Black Nylon fiber handle with bottle opener and a Lanyard hole on the end
- Comes complete with a pocket clip for easy and safe carry
- 3-inch closed length; 2. 75-Inch blade length with 3. 25 mm thickness
- Pocket Knife is made of high quality materials. Blade material is 440C stainless steel. Equipped with a glass breaker. Pocket clip available. Assisted opening knife. Tactical knife.
- Metal, G10 Handle Hunting Knife is a stand out design. Since the knife is comparingly small- it can be stored in the truck, car or the boat to be available for camper at any emergency event. Small...
- Spring Assisted Knife is equipped with a safe and reliable liner lock. Equipped with the thumb studs for right and left hand opening. Sharp foldable pocket knife. Jack Knife. USMC marine knifes. Belt,...
- Cool Folding Knife for Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Travel, Survival, Climbing, Biking. Deer Duck Hunting. EDC, Work, Self Defense, Rescue, Safety, Military and Army Knife. Cool camp and survival gear....
- Perfect Gift Idea. Sometimes it’s hard to find a cool present for male or teen who has everything. Tactical folding knife would be the best and unique gift idea for any outdoors man or boy, whether...
- SHARP & DURABLE: The tanto blade is made of heat-treated 5CR13 stainless steel, provides razor sharp cutting performance and high durability. Gray titanium coating improves corrosion resistance.
- HIGH-QUALITY: The handle is made of aviation grade aluminum, which is dust-proof and corrosion-resistant, providing a comfortable and safe grip under all conditions.
- SECURE & RELIABLE: The pocket knife has a reliable liner-lock system that prevents unexpected closure, assurance the blade will stay in place while its open. And the flipper deploys the blade...
- BE PREPARED: Equipped with convenient pocket clip, you can carry folding knife for survival, tactical, camping, hiking and any outdoor/indoor activity. Cutting/slicing/chopping: meat, wood, cartons,...
- PERFECT GIFTS IDEA: This is a cool gift idea for birthday gift, Father's Day gift, Christmas gift, Anyone who receives this multifunctional knife as a gift will love it!
Every one of these tactical pocket knives offers a versatile and strong blade with a good edge, and many combine extra features that may be useful in a rescue or survival scenario too.
A good tactical pocket knife will carry you through almost any situation with ease, and represents a valuable addition to your backpack or glove compartment.