Carrying a pocket knife is important because it can be used in a variety of situations and scenarios in order to make tasks easier, faster, and safer. For instance, a pocket knife can help open a package, tighten a screw, and even cut rope or fabric. It can also be used to open bottles and cans, sharpen sticks, and even as a mini-tool to pry things open.
Pocket knives can also be used for self-defense, in case you’re ever in a situation where you need to defend yourself. Even just having it on you can be a deterrent and show potential attackers that you’re ready to fight back if necessary.
Overall, an Every Day Carry (EDC) pocket knife is a valuable tool that you should have with you at all times in case you need it. It can be used for everyday tasks, self-defense, and can provide peace of mind knowing that you’re prepared for anything.
A pocket pen knife allows you to carry a toolbox in your pocket, effectively, and they have long been a popular design with survivalists and boy scouts alike. We’ll take a look at some of the best tactical penknives on the market at the moment, as well as the special features that make them so useful in the first place.
Below, we take a look at some of the best tactical penknives on the market at the moment, as well as the special features that make them so useful in the first place.
What should You look for in a Tactical Pen Knife?
Many fail to see much difference between a standard folding knife and a tactical one. The differences are, indeed, subtle. However, in the situation where you need one, you’ll notice the difference!
The robust build of a tactical knife is specially designed with the idea of rescue in adverse circumstances in mind. Tactical basically means that you have a knife with purpose- both as a
The robust build of a tactical knife is specially designed with the idea of rescue in adverse circumstances in mind. Tactical basically means that you have a knife with purpose- both as a defense tool and as a rescue/survival tool and that the knife must fulfill all these needs well.
They should be ergonomically designed with a comfortable handle that doesn’t pinch, rub or bite into the hand of the person holding it.
Test this in a grip both where the knife blade comes out the top of the fist and where it is reversed.
While some shaping to the hilt will make the knife comfortable to hold, too much zealousness here will force your fingers into a predetermined pattern that may well not work for the task at hand and should be avoided.
Your knife should also be a good size in your hand. You should also consider the purpose to which you intend to put it when deciding on
Your knife should also be a good size in your hand. You should also consider the purpose to which you intend to put it when deciding on the length of the blade.
While most of the focus is, of course, on the blade, the handle deserves some attention too. Not only does it need to be well enough designed to be easy and comfortable to hold, but it also needs to be as robust as the blade it is serving.
If the blade is a folding type, which most are, it should also have a blade lock on it for safety, to prevent the blade slamming shut on your fingers accidentally.
Folders are never quite as strong as their fixed blade counterparts, but they’re also nowhere near as inconvenient to carry.
Most will have a belt or pocket clip to carry the unit, and you should take care that this, too, is of robust design and won’t easily break.
Most tactical pocket knives will also come with other features. A glass breaker is practically standard in the style and will come in immense handy in a rescue or survival situation.
Many will also have bottle openers for convenience, seatbelt cutters in case of an accident and much more. As with the knife itself, it’s important not to get distracted by the
As with the knife itself, it’s important not to get distracted by the glamor of these extras and to make sure that they are well built and fit for purpose.
With that overview of the features of a tactical pen knife aside, it’s time to look at some great specimens of the genre to help you decide on the best knife for you.
Best Tactical Pocket Knife For EDC
- Dimensions: 7.1 Inch (18 Cm) Overall Length With A Blade Length Of 3.1 Inches (7.9 Cm) And A Weight Of 3.5 Ounces
- Durable: Blade Is Made Of Reliable 7Cr17Mov Black Oxide High Carbon Stainless Steel With A Black, Aluminum Handle
- Dependable: Quick And Easy Access With The Convenient Pocket Clip, Finger Flipper And Ambidextrous Thumb Knobs Making It Ideal For Everyday Carry
- Secure: Have Confidence That The Blade Will Not Slip With The Security Of The Liner Lock
- Be Prepared: Knife Features Jimping And Serrations
- Black pocket knife with serrated blade and aluminum ergonomic handle. Pocket knife is made of 440C stainless steel. Lock type - liner lock. Blade length - 2.95”; Handle length - 4.2”; Overall...
- Folding knife with glass breaker and strap cutter. A glass breaker is a structural element of a knife intended for breaking glass in various emergencies. Strap cutter suitable for cutting rope,...
- Perfect knife for EDC, urban knife, work knife. Box, letter, envelope opening knife. Compact knife to be carried in a purse, backpack, pocket. Good for indoor and outdoor use. Small pocket knife....
- New 2023 design. Compact functional and stylish tactical knife. This common pocketknife is legal to carry in all states of the United States. With the handy pocket clip and hole for the lanyard, it is...
- Perfect gift for Christmas, Graduation, Anniversary, Birthday, Thanksgiving day, Father's Day gift. Surprise your mother, sister, girlfriend. Gifts for husband from wife, brother, college gifts for...
- High quality pocket knife. Blade of a folder is made of 440C stainless steel, handle material - aluminum. Lock type - liner lock. The knife is Sping Assisted.
- 3 in 1 spring assisted folding knife. Tactical knife is equipped with a strap cutter, glass breaker and a pocket clip. The best EDC tool for men and women. Provides razor sharp cutting performance and...
- The best pocket tool for everyday carry, camping, hiking, fishing, travel, survival, climbing, biking. EDC, work, self defence, rescue, safety, military and army knife. Cool camp and boy scout...
- New unique 2022 design - all black pocket knife with serrated blade and ergonomic handle. Blade length - 3,5". Handle length - 4,6". Total length - 8,2". Weight - 4,7 OZ.
- Perfect gift idea - gifts for husband from wife, proving hugely popular as dad gifts, gifts for men, brother, college gifts for guys and even father in law gifts, perfect gift for Christmas,...
- Blade Material: AR-RPM9 powder steel
- Handle Material: G10
- Blade Hardness: 59-61HRC
- Designer:Savannah Swaggerty
- Spring assisted pocket knife offers rapid one-handed deployment, you can open it by the flipper on the handle.
- NOTE:The grease on the knife is anti-corrosive grease, which allows you to open the knife more smoothly, and prevent the knife from rusting,this is not a used trace.
- 440 stainless steel,Sharp and reliable; 2.7-inch blade length; 3.8-inch closed length; 6.5-inch total length
- A pocket clip for easy and safe carry; includes Seatbelt Cutter and glass breaker,weight only 4.8 OZ
- Seamlessly used for Daily application、Camping to Search & Rescue and is a great Business or Birthday Gift
Every one of these tactical pocket knives offers a versatile and strong blade with a good edge, and many combine extra features that may be useful in a rescue or survival scenario too.
A good tactical pocket knife will carry you through almost any situation with ease, and represents a valuable addition to your backpack or glove compartment.