When people start to get into shooting, the purchase of a range bag is often not a huge priority. After all, when you’re first starting out, you often don’t need much more than a firearm, ammo, and some protective gear.
However, if your visits to the gun range start to become more frequent, or you find that hunting on the weekends with your friends is something that you’d like to take more seriously, there’s no denying one simple fact. Sooner or later, you’re going to end up with more gear, and it’s going to be harder to carry it all!
When that time comes, it’s very important that you pick one that suits your individual needs. Luckily, there are plenty of great range bags on the market available to purchase this year, each created with your convenience in mind.
In this article, we have carefully selected our top five picks for you to choose from, as well as including a helpful buyer’s guide area to help you make the most informed decision possible. Ready? Let’s begin.
In a hurry?This is our Winner!
Our top pick is the BLACKHAWK Sportster Deluxe Range Bag. This highly functional shooting bag will be able to carry all of your essential gear and guns to the shooting range and back again!
Here’s what we love about this range bag:
It features dual-density foam padding that will be able to keep your firearms and other items safe and secure when inside the bag.
Long-lasting and reliable, it is constructed of thick PVC laminate that will be able to withstand frequent use and general wear and tear.
For added convenience, the Sportster Deluxe features wraparound web handles and a detachable shoulder strap that will make carrying your heavy guns and ammo a breeze.
It features 3 large dual-zippered exterior compartments, multiple internal pockets, and one slash pocket.
Our verdict? The BLACKHAWK Sportster Deluxe Range Bag is affordable, big on convenience and features plenty of compartments that will allow you to not just store all of your firearms and gun range essentials, but also make sure that they’re organized!
It’s a fantastic choice for all levels and abilities.
Best Range Bag – Reviews
- Range duffle bag Exterior Dimensions: 15"x12"x10" (WxDxH).Interior main compartment Dimensions 14" x 8" x 9"(WxDxH).
- Gun range bag is made of 600D nylon fabric, durable, water-resistant and heavy duty. Lock style zippers for main compartment (zippers didn't include lock)
- Shooting range bag has padded multiple compartments to keep your handguns,earmuff, goggles, magazine, ammunition and accessory etc safetly and scratch resistant.
- Pistol range bag main compartment with 2pcs removable inner partitions to customize main compartment to individual as tactical range shooting bag or photography duffle bag.
- Please contact us firstly and get new handgun range bag if you meet quality problems within 6 months.
- DIMENSIONS: Internal dimensions at 18” W x 10” H x 10” D and external dimensions at 22” W x 14” H x 10.5” D
- BE PREPARED: 8 pockets, 8 pistol mag pouches & 2 13.5” x 9.5” padded, single handgun cases; 2 full length accessory pockets, a removable padded ammo bag w/2 internal, zippered side pockets & 2...
- DURABLE: Constructed with weather resistant, durable, ballistic fabric this pack is built to withstand all conditions
- EASE OF USE: Metal zippers with nylon zipper pulls, a 2” wide, padded shoulder strap with heavy duty spring clip buckles and a dual zippered top opening create quick and easy access to all...
- VERSATILITY: Perfect for storing or transporting individual rifles while still having room for multiple magazines as well as any small gear such as slings, ammo or targets
- ✔ WHAT YOU‘LL GET – DBTAC Pistol case bag for handguns/pistols/revolvers (main pocket: L12”xW5“xH8“/). Extra accessories as showed in the main photo: #1- 1x Embroidered USA flag patch...
- ✔ DURABLE & UPGRADE SECURITY – Our Shooting Gun Bag is made of 600D polyester fabric, which is robust, waterproof and yet lightweight. Reinforced sewn at all strength points are built to last....
- ✔ ORGANIZED & ERGONOMICS – DBTAC discreet pistol bag is special sized to store 2x handguns, eye/ear protection and your essential gear with 4 build-in mesh pockets. Front and side pockets are...
- ✔ STYLISH & FUNCTION – This shooting bag for pistols features Molle webbing strap on the left and the rear. The Bonus Molle pouch allows flexible replacement by your needs. Front loop panel...
- ✔ 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – We always stand behind our DBTAC products. Just Do More & Be More, this core VALUE driving us to make superior product for inspiring you do what you LOVE & get...
- [We Care Your Laptop] As a laptop bag, we seriously consider the safety of laptop. So we use a thickened sponge protective layer for digital product storage space. The laptop bag provides enough...
- [Large Capacity for Life] It’s more than 20L, big enough for you, even you want to take a football game after your work. Not only can adapt for your computer and work materials, but also your...
- [Different Storage Function Partitions] We set up different storage compartments, including main pocket, secondary pocket, privacy pocket and outer functional area, as well as molle system and...
- [Practical and Stylish Design] A brand new design makes the functional partition more perfect so that a bag can be used for a lifetime. 600D oxford fabric
- [Not Only a Laptop Bag] You can use this backpack in any situation thanks to the practical and stylish design. DIY an unique bag with Velcro you like.
- 【Breathable & Ergonomic Design】TideWe Range Backpack is perfect for any shooting experience. Thicker padded back with ergonomic breathable design paired with adjustable, breathable and padded...
- 【Unique Ammo Storage】Adjustable clapboard is equipped in the top pocket, fits your different size of headphone and ammunition. TideWe uses dividers in the bottom pocket, offers perfect space for...
- 【Large Capacity】Specs (Dimensions) are 20.47” x 9.45” x 20.08”. The large range bag is divided into tons of storage with high quality zippers, which offers enough room to clarify your ear...
- 【Waterproof & Durable】Waterproof rain cover is perfect for keeping all your gears dry in case you get caught in rain. High quality 900D polyester fabric, durable buckle, reinforced stitching and...
- 【User-Friendly】TideWe range backpack is designed with a hard molded glasses case on the top, offering enough protection for your shooting safety glasses. Comfortable handle, lockable zipper and...
- 26"(Width) x 13"(Height) x 11"(Depth)
- Perfect as a carry-on bag for outdoor activity!
- Digital Camo Navy, Tactical style duffel bag
- Capacity: 3800 cu. in.
- MOLLE style straps, Heavy duty U-zipper
- WELL-DESIGNED: The main compartment of tactical range bag contains 4 inner removable dividers and 2 mesh pockets, which accommodates up to 5 pistols as well as earmuffs, glasses. The thick padding...
- LARGE CAPACITY: The front zippered pocket with 9 slots can carry magazines and earmuffs. 2 front pockets with Molle webbing strap, 2 side zipped pockets and 1 bottle holder can carry your phone,...
- HIGH QUALITY : The gun range bag is made of strong and heavy nylon material to protect your gear from the wear. The high quality material and reinforced stitched offer strength, durability and make...
- MOLLE SYSTEM: The front and side MOLLE webbing of range duffle bag expand its storage capacity further and give the bag sleek look. You can attach your MOLLE pouches and equipment to carry more range...
- USER-FRIENDLY: The shooting range bag with adjustable, breathable and padded shoulder straps provide comfort shooting and hunting experience. Two-way lockable zippers and the flag patch are ideal for...
Best Range Bag – Buyers Guide
No matter what range bag you decide to go for, one thing’s for sure: you need something reliable that will make your trips to and from the shooting range more enjoyable, not more difficult! Here are some considerations to keep in mind before making a purchase:
This is one of the most important considerations to think about when selecting a great range bag. No matter what, the range bag that you choose should be strong and rugged enough to be able to take the wear and tear of regular use.
Additionally, as your gear can quickly add up, your range bag will ultimately have to carry a lot of weight, so make sure it is tough enough to withstand this without any breaking or tearing.
Next up we’re going to be talking about the ideal size of your range bag. Generally speaking, the ideal size (or capacity) of your range bag all comes down to your specific needs.
If you only find yourself frequenting the shooting range a couple of times a year, you will probably get better use out of a slightly smaller range bag.
However, if you have a lot of gear and accessories, or you find yourself visiting the gun range every weekend, you’re going to need a range bag that is going to be able to hold all of your firearms and ammo with ease.
Compartments and Organiziation
Ultimately, this all comes down to your personal preference! Some people like everything to be in its own place. If this sounds like you, we strongly recommend going for a range bag with plenty of different compartments that will allow you to give your firearms, ammo and protective gear their own separate area.
On the other hand, if you’re the type that prefers to just chuck everything into one big compartment, there are plenty of range bags that have this storage style.
In our opinion, we recommend selecting a range bag that has a variety of compartments. At the very least, it will stop your gear from clanking against each other and potentially getting damaged.
Like we were saying earlier, range bags have the tendency to get heavy – especially as your hobby grows and you find yourself purchasing more accessories!
For this reason, we recommend making sure that the range bag you end up selecting comes with a strap, handle, or some other kind of carrying feature that will allow you to comfortably carry it without putting any strain on your neck, shoulders, arms or back.
Admittedly, this is definitely one of the least important features, but we still think that its important to consider. When you look good you feel good, right? So, with that being said, we recommend picking a bag that you think looks good and suits your personal style and preference.
For instance, you might like the look of a traditional range bag or have a specific color in mind that you would like it to be. Additionally, some people like to go for a range bag that doesn’t give away any clues as to what might be inside, which might be something that you’d like to consider.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you correctly organize a range bag?
There’s no right or wrong answer. It all comes down to what gear you own and the storage design of your range bag.
If you’re the kind of person that can sometimes struggle to stay on top of your organization, you might want to consider a bag with more pockets and compartments to help keep all your accessories in their own separate places.
We also recommend popping valuables (like a cellphone) in a zipper compartment so that it doesn’t fall out.
When do you need a range bag?
Again, this all comes down to when you feel ready to buy one!
However, if you’re already beginning to think of purchasing one, that’s a surefire sign that you’re ready to start using one, especially if you’re finding that your trips to the gun range are becoming more and more frequent, or you’ve got more gear than hands!
What should you keep in a range bag?
As a general rule of thumb, your range bag needs to be able to hold all the range essentials that you own now, while also having additional space to fit any other accessories you end up buying.
The range essentials that you’ll be packing into your range bag will be items such as ammo, magazines, protective gear for eyes and ears, a basic first-aid kit, valuables such as a wallet, as well as snacks and some water.