For any new archer who is thinking about getting into archery, the seemingly simple task of choosing the best compound bows from among the many manufacturer’s, brands, and models on the market can be a daunting task, to say the least!
But, if a prospective archer was to first look at bow manufacturer’s web sites such as Bowtech, Mathews, and Precision Shooting Equipment (PSE), then they might very well decide to give up on the sport before ever getting started due to today’s excessively high prices for top of the line compound bows.
In fact, most novice archers are specifically looking for a moderately priced compound bow that, while it may not have all of the fancy features of a top of the line compound bow, will still perform well and shoot accurately. Therefore, below you will find five compound bows that all have MSRP’s under $100 and which are all manufactured by well-known bow manufacturers.
Plus, each bow and is constructed from high-quality materials and, some of them even incorporate some of the technologies used on their more expensive cousins. Thus, all five bows meet the criteria of a moderately priced compound bow that will perform well and shoot accurately.
What To Look For In A Compound Bow
When looking for a great compound bow, consider the following factors:
- Draw weight: The amount of force required to draw the bowstring back to its full length.
- Draw length: The distance from the bow grip to the bowstring when it’s fully drawn back.
- Axle-to-axle length: The length of the bow from one cam to the other.
- Let-off: The percentage of the draw weight that is reduced at full draw.
- Brace height: The distance between the bowstring and the grip of the bow.
- Cam system: The type of cam system will affect the bow’s performance, speed, and smoothness.
- Bow weight: The total weight of the bow, including accessories.
- Quality of materials: Look for bows made of high-quality materials, such as carbon fiber, aluminum, and high-grade woods.
- Brand reputation: Consider the reputation of the manufacturer and their track record of producing quality bows.
- Price: Compound bows can range from a few hundred to several thousand dollars, so determine your budget before making a purchase.
Top 5 Best Selling Compound Bows
- LIGHTWEIGHT - The most technologically advanced bow ever offered by the Diamond brand. Weighing in at only 3.2 pounds, the Deploy SB features an aerospace-inspired carbon riser, for minimal weight and...
- EQUIPPED WITH PATENTED SYSTEM - The Bowtech Binary Cam System, powers the Deploy SB at speeds up to 330 feet per second, while giving exceptional tuneability, and simple, hassle-free adjustment of...
- MAXIMUM ACCURACY - The Binary Cam System is comprised of two perfectly symmetrical cams that are slaved to each other, forcing the cams to turn in perfect synchronization. This provides flawless nock...
- ADJUSTABLE DRAW LENGTH - A rotating module design, the Deploy SB offers easy, wide-ranging draw length adjustment and an infinite draw stop without requiring a new cam or module to change lengths....
- R.A.K. PACKAGE - The package includes Octane Bantam 5-Arrow Quiver, Octane Stryker 5 Pin Sight, Octane Boost 5 Inch Stabilizer, Octane Octagon Rest, Diamond Wrist Strap, Carbon Peep; NOTE: bowstring...
- Package length: 10.16 cm
- Package width: 35.56 cm
- Package height: 100.33 cm
- Product Type: SPORTING GOODS
- INSPIRED BY WOMEN FOR WOMEN - The Carbon Knockout is the key to instant success; It is for the beginner to avid woman archer requiring the cutting-edge technology, easy tuning, performance, and looks...
- EXTREMELY ADJUSTABLE - No new cam or module required - With Carbon Knockout bow you simply remove the module screws, adjust to your draw length, re-tighten and you are set; With a simple turn of a...
- SYNCHRONIZED BINARY CAMS - Our patented Binary Cam system is engineered with two perfectly symmetrical cams working together for flat-line nock travel and maximum accuracy; Designed for an...
- SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION - The carbon riser ensures maximum maneuverability, carbon string stop absorbs and virtually eliminates all excessive string vibration and noise; The premium strings and cables...
- FULLY ACCESSORIZED - This Bow is fully outfitted with accessories: Bantam 5-Arrow Quiver, Stryker 5 Pin Sight, Boost 5 Inch Stabilizer, Octagon Rest, Diamond Wrist Strap, Carbon Peep; NOTE: bowstring...
So, when considering the purchase the best compound bows, aside from the cost of the bow, it is also important to keep in mind the five factors of the bow’s ATA or IBO arrow speed, the bow’s axle-to-axle length, the type of limbs it has, the type of cam system it has and, the overall weight of the bow.
That way, by taking into account all of these factors, you will be far more likely to choose a bow that you really like and will continue to shoot.
The five bows listed above really do represent the cream of the crop when it comes to inexpensive compound bows. Choosing one of them is perfect for a new archer.
If you go hunting with your new bow and shoot some game, why not grind and prepare your own meat? You can find our picks for top meat grinders here.