A bike computer is a bicycle-specific electronic device that is mounted to your bike so you can track your speed, distance, and more. For casual riders, you may want one so you can measure the length, distance, or speed of your ride. Here are a few best bike computers that can suit your needs.
Those who ride for the enjoyment of the sport may be interested in their total mileage and specific trip distance, as well as average and maximum speed.
For competitive bicyclers, you may need all of the above plus a bike computer with cadence, elevation, power output, and heart rate monitor.
Regardless of your needs, here are some of the best bicycle computer reviews. Before you make your final decision, be sure to consider exactly what you expect from your bicycle computer.
Know Your Stats – Top Selling 5 Cycle Computer Reviews
- ✅SUPPORT CYCLING DATA - Displays currently, max, and average speed, total distance, trip distance, cycling time, altitude and so on.See the riding status you want to know at a glance.
- ✅ACCURATE DUAL POSITIONING - With Dual GPS positioning sensor,CooSpo wireless bike computer bc26 can tracking your riding map and upload to Strava. Record your funny riding.
- ✅2.3 INCH LCD WITH AUTO BACKLIGHT - 2.3-inch segment code FSTN glass screen, sunlight readable display, automatically sensing the environment to turn on the backlight. It is a screen that’s ready...
- ✅SYNC (.fit file) TO STRAVA - You can also sync activity(.fit file) to Strava via Coosporide App on your phone by bluetooth directly. Share your riding with your friends from strava!
- ✅MAX SPEED ALARM - Supports setting the maximum speed alarm . During riding, when the speed exceeds the maximum speed,BC26 bike computer will trigger an alarm. Note: The alarm sound can be set, and...
- ALL YOUR FAVORITE STATS: Displays current, max, and average speed, total distance, trip distance, elapsed time, calorie consumption, pace arrow, and clock.
- SAVE YOUR MILES: With the option to manually set the odometer, you don't have to start over every time you change the battery.
- SECURE AND GO: With our FlexTight Bracket, you can easily mount, adjust, and move your computer by hand. Spend less time setting up your gear and more time on the road.
- DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STOPS: Caught at a red light? Stopping for coffee? We've got you covered. Your CatEye computer knows when you've stopped and automatically stops counting time and averaging...
- DATA FOR HEALTH: The Velo Wireless tracks calories burned.
- All your favorite stats: Displays current, max, and average speed, total distance, trip distance, elapsed time, pace arrow, and clock.
- Don't sweat the small stops: Caught at a red light? Stopping for coffee? We've got you covered. Your CatEye computer knows when you've stopped and automatically stops counting time and averaging...
- Wired sensor: The Velo 7 comes with a wired speed sensor.
- Go the distance: With a battery that lasts up to three years, you can install it and forget about it.
- Perfect for beginners: The Velo 7 is an entry-level computer that is perfect for beginner cyclists looking to take their riding to the next level.
- 【Global offline maps】：The bike gps computer has a built-in global offline map and supports GPS+Beidou+GLONASS+GALILEO+QZSS satellite signals. After inputting the destination, it can provide you...
- 【Smart route planning】：According to the destination you input, the cycling computers can intelligently generate a route with turning directions, recalculate planning reminders when you deviate...
- 【Route import sharing】： The bike computers will automatically generate turn instructions for routes and file types; including GPX, TCX, FIT, CNX files and routes imported from Strava, Ride With...
- 【99% Devices compatible】：The bike gps supports Bluetooth 5.0 and ANT+ dual-mode protocols, and can quickly and stably link with 99% of the brand's sensors and electronic devices on the market
- 【Automatic Data Synchronization】：When synced with compatible accounts (Strava, Ride With GPS, Best Bike Split, Komoot, MTB Project, SingleTracks), your saved routes will be automatically &...
- ✅Accurate GPS Positioning: Coospo new GPS bike computer has 2 modes of global positioning, which can provideaccurate GPS data all over the world. Attention: First time positioning will take 3-5...
- ✅Bike Computer ANT+：Coospo cycling gps computer can support heart rate monitor, speed and cadence sensor, power meter connection through ANT+，All cycling data you will get if sensor connection...
- ✅Bluetooth APP Connection: By using CoospoRide App, you can set bike computer very easily on your phone, such as: quickly connect and easily set the device, load GPS track route map, record and...
- ✅Sync Activity(.fit file) to Strava: You can also sync activity(.fit file) to Strava via Coosporide App on your phone by bluetooth directly.CooSpo bike computer can record 80 hours of your riding...
- ✅2.4 Inch Screen with Auto Backlight: 2.4-inch segment code FSTN glass screen, sunlight readable display, automatically sensing the environment to turn on the backlight. It is a screen that’s...
Bike Computer Buyers Guide
So What Is The Best Bike Computers for the Price?
After reviewing all of the bike computer contenders on this list, the best computer for the price is the Multi-Function Wireless Bike Computer by Garmin. While it is not without flaws, it does come with a lot of features for a great price.
As an added benefit, it offers wireless connectivity without the interference of other models.
How To Install A Bike Computer
Now that you’ve decided on which computer to buy for your bike, you should learn how to install it. Luckily it’s just as easy as riding a bike, if you can do that, you can do this!
Bike Computer vs Smartwatch
Cyclists may choose a bike computer over a smartwatch for several reasons:
- Data Specific to Cycling: Bike computers are specifically designed for cycling and provide data and metrics that are tailored to cycling performance such as speed, distance, cadence, and power output.
- Improved Battery Life: Bike computers typically have longer battery life compared to smartwatches, which can be important during long rides.
- Robustness: Bike computers are designed to be durable and weather-resistant, which is important for outdoor cycling activities.
- Mounting Options: Bike computers can be easily mounted on the handlebars, making them easily accessible and visible while riding.
- Increased Visibility: Bike computers often have larger and clearer displays than smartwatches, making them easier to read while riding.
That being said, smartwatches have their own advantages. For example, they offer multi-sport tracking, including cycling, as well as other features like GPS, music, and phone notifications. Some smartwatches also have longer battery life compared to regular fitness trackers. It ultimately comes down to the individual’s needs and preferences.
Wrapping It All Up
Now that you have read the reviews, hopefully, you have an idea of what type will meet your needs. The price often reflects the quality and features that will be included with your computer.
Remember to take this into account while you are shopping. If you are still unsure of your needs, make a list of everything that you expect your bicycle computer to keep track of them. Then, consider whether you want a battery-operated model, one that can be used for multiple bikes, or one with other additional features.
Once you have a thorough list, begin looking for the best bike computers that meet all of your requirements. Happy shopping!
Featured Image by Andreas Kambanis