Image Source: Unsplash
There’s no denying the power of the Ruger American Rifle. From its sleek, streamlined design to its lightning-fast performance, this bolt-action rifle is a force to be reckoned with. While this gun is perfect for any hunter as it is, there are also a few additional accessories you might want to invest in before taking your new rifle out into the field. If you plan on using your Ruger American Rifle frequently, then investing in some enhanced accessories will make your hunting experience that much more enjoyable and successful. Some of these accessories are designed specifically for the Ruger American Rifle while others can be used with nearly any bolt action rifle. These accessories aren’t super expensive but they are definitely worth every penny because they will allow you to get even more use out of your gun. Here’s everything you need to know about the best Ruger American Rifle accessories so you can pick the right ones for you and your needs! Don’t forget to check out some of our other great review of best 1911 pistols and best .308 rifles.
A Good Scope
The first and arguably most important Ruger American Rifle accessory is a good scope. The idea of using a scope with a bolt action rifle might seem a little weird at first, and you might be wondering why you can’t just use iron sites like you would with a rifle like an AR-15. A scope is simply a more precise, accurate way of aiming that iron sites simply can’t compete with. With a scope, you can zoom in and really hone in on your target and see exactly where your shot would land. A scope also allows you to see a wider field of view, which is crucial for tracking moving targets like birds and deer. You’ll be able to see your target’s movement so you can compensate and get a much more accurate shot. While scopes aren’t exactly cheap, they are definitely worth the investment. The best scopes are built to last, with durable and high-quality materials that will last for years. There are a lot of different types of scopes on the market today and it can be difficult to find the perfect scope for your hunting rifle.
No products found.
Another extremely helpful Ruger American Rifle accessory is a bipod. A bipod is essentially a miniature tripod that is mounted to the end of your rifle’s barrel. This will help to stabilize your gun and make it much easier to shoot accurately without having to lean against something or brace yourself against the ground. Bipods can be useful for a variety of situations. Not only will they help you with accuracy, but they will also help to reduce your overall fatigue and make hunting much more enjoyable. Bipods are also great for hunting in areas with low vegetation. If there isn’t anything to lean your rifle against, a bipod will allow you to easily rest your gun against the ground.
- Offers serious strength and versatility
- Lightweight Mil-spec hard anodized 6061 T-6 aluminum and injection-molded polymer
- Aesthetically pleasing, low-profile design conceals its mechanisms and hardware
- Optimized for rapid one-handed adjustments
- Quickly and quietly transitions between countless user configurations
- Compatible for 1913 Picatinny Rails with Swivel Adapter: The bipods work with 1913 Picatinny rails and can be quickly attached and detached using the swivel stud. By loosening/tightening the locking...
- Special Design: The folding design allows the legs snap down and lock into place with one hand within 1s that brings innovation in ergonomics, functionality, strength and value together. It is...
- 7 Height Settings: Six slots on each leg allow for 7 different height settings. The legs extend a full three inches, from 8" to 11". When folded, the housing and legs fit neatly under the barrel and...
- Rubber Feet: High quality rubber on the bottom of the legs makes the bipod shockproof and skid-resistant. Rubber feet attached to the bipod for hunting locking knob allows for a comfortable forward...
- Buy with Confidence: This bipod is made of hardened steel, aluminum, and is completeld using a non-rusting black anodized finish. The durable material and excellent build quality gives us the...
- Compatible with Ruger American short action rifles; Requires no bedding and is a true fixed stock "drop-in" solution
- Reinforced polymer construction with Type III Hard anodized, machine finished cast aluminum bedding block; High strength steel recoil lugs
- Compatible with barrel profiles up to medium palma
- Features enhanced ergonomics and length of pull fitment
- M-LOK compatible for a wide variety of accessory and sling mounting options
Buttstock Shell Holder
Another helpful Ruger American Rifle accessory is a shotgun shell holder that is mounted on the buttstock of your rifle. This is perfect if you plan on hunting birds or if you’re out on the range shooting paper targets. A shotgun shell holder is mounted on the back of your rifle’s stock and holds 12 shotgun shells so you can have them on you at all times. This saves you time and energy and makes it so you don’t have to go back and forth to your car or home to collect more shells.
- Attaches firmly to the butt of most any rifle in seconds
- Holds 9 cartridges in an easy-access position
- Elastic loops hold ammo reliably in place
- Won't interfere with how you hold or aim your gun
- Heavy-duty to withstand years of use
- ➤ Hunter Buttstock Pack : Cartridge Holder hook ring strap design, 3 adjustable buckle straps, easy to install and unload, fit for most fixed rifle
- ➤ Tactical stock holder: Portable Adjustable shotgun cheek riser ammo carrier Removable covers 7 round ammo carrier for .308 or 300 winmag
- ➤ Versatile Hunting Accessories: Rifle cheek rest Hook and loop straps to make a perfect fit for both left-handed and right-handed Hunter Shooter
- ➤ Cheek Pad Rest : Removable inserted cheek rest pad is on the top to help with your natural point of view
- ➤ Hi-Quality Ammo Holder: Tactical cheek rest made of durable 800D nylon with a non-slippery material to prevent your cheek from slipping
- Tourbon leather cheek rest made of high quality genuine leather
- Designed to hold up to 8 rifle shells, cheek pad will help keep you on target
- Adjustable elastic straps with buttom press closure
- Comfortable and easy to use, great for long-range shooters and hunters
- Size:Approx 6.69" x 2.17"x 5.31" Weight:0.35lb
Sling and Stabilizer
A sling and stabilizer combination is probably the most popular accessory among hunters. A Ruger American Rifle sling and stabilizer will make it much easier to carry your gun around, especially if you’re in an area with a lot of thick brush or tall grass. A good sling and stabilizer will help support your rifle’s weight and make carrying it around much more comfortable and easy. They are also great for keeping your gun close to your body and out of the way while you are walking through tough terrain.
- Made with low-density, ultra lightweight foam
- Non-slip textured back
- Heavy-duty web sling material
- Includes swivels tested to 300 pounds
- Embroidered Ruger logo
- 15 Round Comfortable Hunting Rifle Sling
- PHOTO NOTE: The photo, which is from the manufacturer, shows a 22-Round sling. The manufacturer just changed to the 15-round size and we are waiting for a new photo. The sling you will receive holds...
- MADE IN USA - Fits all popular Ruger and Remington Hunting Rifles including Ruger 10/22
- Superior American Quality at an Affordable Price!
- NOTE: Sling swivels are not included because almost all rifles use a different swivel
- TOURBON rifle sling with ammo loops is made of high-quality vintage leather
- The backside of the adjustable rifle sling utilizes leather rough out to prevent slipping off the shoulder
- 5 shell slot can hold 30-06,270 WIN,.308 WIN,243 WIN,22-250 REM,375 H&H MAG,ect.
- Equipped with solid brass Chicago screws with both sides slotted for secure adjusted fit
- A thumbhole for added comfort and stability when holding the leather sling
Last but not least, a sturdy case is another great Ruger American Rifle accessory that is super helpful for protecting your gun and keeping it in great condition. A sturdy case is a must-have if you plan on taking your gun hunting and transporting it to and from your hunting grounds. If you don’t have a case for your rifle, you’re risking damage to the rifle’s stock, barrel, and sights. A sturdy case will protect your gun from any bumps and falls and keep it looking brand new for years to come.
- RUGER RIFLE CASE: 46-inch long rifle case fits Ruger American rifles, & similarly sized scoped & non-scoped rifles, providing you the best in practice craftmanship for your investment
- LOCKABLE RIFLE CASE: Gun case is lockable for additional security & peace of mind while thick foam padding & soft knit lining help to provide extra security for your rifle
- HUNTING RIFLE ACCESSORIES: Front zipper pocket to store any hunting accessories & a comfortable carrying handle assists you when transporting from home to field
- SIZE: 46 inches
- COLOR: Dark Heather Gray
- Made with Rugged Endura Fabric and Holds Rifles Up To 46-Inches
- Dense Foam Padding for Protection and Padded Handle Included
- Features a Zippered Accessory Pocket with Gusset
- Locking Zipper for Safety and Features a Hanging Loop
- Interior: 45 Inch x 9.5 Inch / Exterior 46.5 Inch x 10.25 Inch
- Classic black with Ruger print on the carry handles
- Large zippered accessory pocket
- Dense foam padding to protect your firearm
- Rugged Endura fabric construction, made in the USA
- Fits rifles up to 40"
Ruger rifles are some of the best-selling rifles on the market today. Their sleek, streamlined designs and lightning-fast performance make them perfect for any hunter that’s looking for an excellent hunting rifle. Need a pump shotgun instead, check these out. A good scope, bipod, shotgun shell holder, shotgun sling, and sturdy case are all excellent Ruger American Rifle accessories that will make your hunting experience much easier, more enjoyable, and more successful. These accessories aren’t super expensive and will last you for years thanks to their durable and high-quality materials. Now that you know everything you need to know about the best Ruger American Rifle accessories, it’s time to pick out which ones you want to invest in. These accessories will help to make your hunts more comfortable, accurate, and successful so it’s definitely worth it to pick up a few of them!