Hunting in the winter is no easy feat. But with a little planning, you’ll really be able to savor it. Investing in the best hunting boots for cold weather will definitely make your trip more enjoyable. How many times have you packed up and headed home empty-handed after your feet went numb?
My advice: spring for a good pair of insulated hunting boots and you’ll be set for years.
You want your hunting trip to be successful? Plan ahead. Buy the gear. Go home triumphant.
The Best Hunting Boots Comparison Table
| Lightweight and |
The Irish Setter Men’s 860 Elk Tracker Waterproof boot will definitely suit your budget if you have regular hunting excursions in extremely cold weather. For starters, these boots are waterproof, and that means they will keep your feet dry and warm throughout your hunting trip. And unlike most hunting boots, this particular boot is best known for its flexibility and stability. Moreover, these boots have ScentBan – an essential feature that prevents odors. It also has Ultra-thin insulation and can withstand use over long hours and will keep your feet extra warm in wet conditions.
- A key feature that makes these boots extremely popular is that they are long-lasting. They are long-lasting than the rest of the boots in this list
- The boots keep your feet warm and dry, which make them ideal for use in any weather condition
- You can use them in extremely cold weather, and enjoy your hunting excursion without any problem
- You can also wear them when hiking
- They have stiff laces that can be quite annoying
Designed for safety and comfort, Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400 Insulated Hunting Boots is among the best hunting boot and definitely deserves a spot in this guide. It has a comfortable rubber sole that offers resistance from abrasion. To offer the much-needed insulation, the boot also features an impermeable Wind-Tex sheath, which makes it both waterproof and breathable. More importantly, this insulation sheath will keep your feet warm in extremely cold conditions.
Since these are made from quality leather, the Kenetrek extreme boot offers abrasion resistance and is waterproof as well. Additionally, it has an extremely lightweight outsole that provides excellent traction when walking on rough terrains. The lightweight outsole also features about 500 grams of insulation that offer extra warmth.
As far as support is concerned, Kenetrek features 7mm midsoles. The best thing about this boot is that it is lightweight and won’t hinder movement as you trek through rugged terrain. The boot also has an excellent lacing system that enables you to adjust the boot to different levels of tightness. For durability, the entire boot feature triple or double stitching.
- Made from genuine leather and hence more durable
- Provides excellent traction when hunting on rough terrains
- You can opt for the non-insulated type
- They are costly
- The innersoles can be quite uncomfortable in some cases
This boot has really great design and is much more lightweight than other similar products on this list. The boot has a high-quality rubber exterior that gives your feet great support and comfort when hunting. Additionally, the contoured midsole provides extra cushioning that offers a great deal of comfort when walking on rough terrains. The neoprene material provides flexibility and excellent waterproofing capabilities, as well as heat retention and shock absorption properties. What’s more, the boot adjusts well to the shape of your feet and prevents chafing and blisters. The fleece lining on the upper part of the boot offers exceptional warmth, which is essential in cold environments.
- Flexible, lightweight and comfortable
- Shields your feet from extreme cold conditions
- They provide extra stability on rough surfaces
- They have water-resistant properties and keep your feet dry when hunting in damp conditions
- Neoprene material can easily tear
- They can also make an air rushing squeak after prolonged use
If you are looking for the best insulated hunting boots, the Lacrosse Alphaburly Pro 18″ 1600G is an excellent choice. It’s easy on the feat and can withstand rough surfaces. It also has a thick outsole made of rubber that protects your feet when hunting on uneven terrain. Besides protecting your feet from dangerous terrain, the boot also features a Neoprene lining that makes it water-resistant. Another essential feature that makes the boot a sensible investment to make is the wick liner.
Essentially, it enhances proper air circulation and prevents a build-up of moisture inside the boot. This, in turn, will prevent odors. This product is also great as it is lightweight and allows you to hunt with ease. Despite having extra layers of rubber on the outsole, you won’t experience feet fatigue. The boot also features an essential 56.43 ounces lining that provides warmth when hunting in cold conditions. This lining works well as it retains heat inside the boot.
- Camouflages well with the surroundings
- Best grip to allow natural movement on rough surfaces
- Lightweight and enable you to hunt with ease
- 100% waterproof
- They are bulky due to the high level of insulation
- They are quite hard to remove
This product typically measures about 5.11 inches tall, and this makes them quite challenging to wear. However, this boot has high-quality rubber material that makes it an excellent choice of all-weather conditions. The boot is great to wear in the snow, and you will notice that it prevents moisture from making its way inside the boot. It also has an invaluable feature known as the thermal guard liner that adjusts the temperature in the boot and prevents the feet from either getting too cold or too hot.
- It is water-resistant
- Works pretty well in the snow
- It is suitable for all kinds of terrains
- Has a removable thermal guard liner that helps to regulate the temperature within the boot
- They are bulky as compared to most of the boots on this list
- Due to its size, you may find it difficult to trek through rocky terrain
Essential features for the best winter hunting boots
Let’s talk about some of the characteristics that make an excellent hunting boot for cold weather. The first thing you need to do is look for boots that provide both safety and comfort. They should also be adequately insulated and waterproof to keep your feet warm and dry for as long as possible.
If you are noobie, take this advice: getting a pair of the warmest hunting boots will be something you won’t ever regret. Especially for those super committed crazies who live way up North and negative numbers are considered “warm”.
Most likely you’ll be walking through uneven terrain. So you better be sure you can withstand this type of ground while still offering you some comfort.
There are a few crucial features that all cold weather hunting boots should have: durability, insulation, and camouflage.
Ease and comfort