Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past couple of years, you will have undoubtedly witnessed the meteoric rise in popularity we have seen for paddle boards. Since you’re reading this I am going to go ahead and assume you are somewhat of a SUP beginner (SUP stands for Stand Up Paddle Board).
I will also assume that you are keen to get involved in this great sport and reap the rewards it offers which range from amazing scenery to a toned upper and lower body.
Before we dive into our best paddle boards for beginners, let’s take a look at some of the key elements you need to consider before buying.
You will notice when you read on that paddleboards come in various lengths, if you are taller it makes sense to go for a longer model and those of us on the shorter side should opt for the shorter style. Don’t forget you will need to navigate this across large bodies of water and if sea paddling there will be the possibility of waves both natural and those created by boats etc.
The larger the board the more surface area there will be for any ‘chop’ to hit it and cause instability.
You’re going to have to pick up your paddle board and carry it at least some distance and often you will have to either hoist it onto the roof of your vehicle, for the solid boards or into your boot for inflatable ones. Either way, the weight will play its part of your buying decision.
Solid or Inflatable SUP
There are two types of paddle boards, solid and inflatable. Which you choose is really down to personal preference and the both have their pros and cons.
Typically people opt for an inflatable board for their compact size when storing and transporting to their ideal spot, the pumps are easy to use and they inflate in no time. others prefer the solid boards since they are considered more robust so if you have the possibility of encountering submerged rocks and coral this may be the route you choose.
Portability is a concern with solid boards since you will need a roof rack or trailer to get them to your launch spot. Now that we’ve covered the 3-key areas to consider, let’s jump into the best beginner sup’s shall we?
Best Beginner Stand Up Paddle Boards 2023
- High potency turmeric pills enhanced with bioperine: BioSchwartz turmeric formula has 1500mg of turmeric curcumin with 95% standardized curcuminoids per serving (high potency) and 10mg of bioperine...
- All natural, non-GMO, no fillers, binders or preservatives: Bioschwartz professional grade turmeric with bioperine (curcumin with bioperine) is a natural turmeric powder; turmeric powder has higher...
- Professionally formulated & made in the USA: Bioschwartz turmeric extract is formulated by professionals and manufactured in the USA following strict GMP guidelines; this turmeric with bioperine is...
- Naturally potent ingredients: this turmeric curcumin supplement’s potency is enhanced with patented bioperine (10mg per serving), a type of black pepper extract shown to increase absorption and...
- Bioschwartz professional quality standards: every batch of Bioschwartz turmeric curcumin with bioperine is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency and each bottle is manufactured in the USA using...
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Falcão de Magalhães, Luís (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 204 Pages - 09/23/2022 (Publication Date)
- The classic system that changed gaming history is back!
- Get into spirit for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. with Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros., out November 13th!
- This special system includes: Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Ball (Mario version) and a digital clock
- The original Game & Watch system was released in Japan in 1980 and was the very first handheld gaming console created by Nintendo. Now you can get your hands on a piece of history with a brand new...
- Dillon, Michele (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 552 Pages - 01/07/2020 (Publication Date) - Wiley-Blackwell (Publisher)
- The item has been soldered and assembled. Support for Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+, Pi 2 Model B, Pi 3 Model B, Pi 3 Model B+, Pi 4 Model B, Pi Zero, Pi Zero-W, Zero-2W.
- GPIO status LED and power 5V / 3.3V indication. GPIO output or input level high LED on, output or input level low LED off. 5V blue, 3.3V red, GPIOs green. The position of the LED is in a one-to-one...
- Terminal block pitch 2.54mm/0.1", wire size range 28AWG to 18AWG, strip length 4.5mm, screw M1.6 steel, pin header and cage copper.
- 2x20 positions header connect to Raspberry Pi board. FR-4 fiber glass PCB, dual copper layers.
- Packing list: 1x terminal block breakout module, 4x M2.5x6mm screws, 4x 10mm nylon standoffs. 2x 11.5mm brass standoffs, 1x small slotted screwdriver (NOTE: the item not include Raspberry Pi Board).
Now Get Out and Try It
In conclusion, an entry-level stand up paddleboard (SUP) is a crucial investment for beginner paddle boarders for several reasons. Firstly, it provides a stable platform for learning the basics of paddling and balance, allowing them to focus on improving their technique without worrying about falling into the water. Secondly, entry-level SUPs are often more affordable compared to more advanced boards, making them an accessible option for those who are just starting out. Lastly, they are usually made of durable materials and are designed to withstand the wear and tear of regular use, ensuring that beginner paddle boarders can enjoy their new hobby for years to come. With all these benefits, an entry-level SUP is an essential purchase for anyone looking to get into stand up paddleboarding.