Hunting, hiking, and other outdoor adventures will probably lead you to an area where snakes are in abundance. Or you might already be living in a region where this threat is present all the time. And while not all snake bites are dangerous, you can never identify in advance the one which is going to be.
Read on to get the best snake boots for every day use or your next adventure trip.
With over 7,000 people1 getting bitten by venomous snakes every year, you should protect yourself by investing in a pair of the best snake boots. They won’t only protect your feet from the crawling enemy but also lessen the impact of an otherwise fatal injury.
Best Snake Boots – Reviews
- Lace-up hunting boot featuring D-ring hardware and cushioned footbed
- Reinforced toe and heel cap
- Logo patch at tongue
- Guaranteed Rocky Waterproof Construction
- EVA/ Rubber Outsole
- EVA Footbed
- Inside Side Zipper
- 16 Inches Of Snakeproof Protection
- 【Waterproof & Anti-Slip】 TIDEWE's hunting boots feature 5mm neoprene uppers and a natural rubber material creating an extra tough, 100% waterproof design. The deep tread integrated into the rubber...
- 【Snake Proof Boots Material】 Our snake boots' shaft is equipped with reinforced anti-snake bite material inside, which delivers better protection for you when hunting in areas with a high snake...
- 【Comfortable & Warm】 The rubber boots are lined with breathable lining to keep your feet dry and comfortable. The 5mm neoprene will keep your feet warm all day. Comfort Rated: -4°F/-20°C to...
- 【Durable & User-Friendly】 TIDEWE Hunting boots with built-in steel shank offers the best arch support, reinforced rubber shell on the toe and heel provides additional protection for your foot. The...
- 【Lightweight & Multi-Use】 Our EVA contoured mid-sole allows for lightweight cushioning, shock absorption and comfort. Whether you are working, hunting, fishing, camping etc. TIDEWE boots keep you...
- Full-grain Leather and nylon
- 16 Inches Of Snakeproof Protection
- Guaranteed Rocky Waterproof Construction
- Polyurethane/Rubber Outsole
- All Day Performance: A versatile pull-on boot with removable polyurethane footbed with RPM midsole to reduce weight of the boot without sacrificing comfort or durability and a nylon shank for...
- Tough Terrain Traction: Keep stability and traction in dirty, mucky, wet, and slippery conditions with the Rubber Mudder outsole tread design with an aggressive lug pattern that facilitates the...
- Waterproof Design: Lightweight vulcanized rubber and neoprene constructed upper creates a waterproof design to get through wet and muddy conditions. Exclusive Scentban scent control eliminates odors...
- Snake Protection: Snake Guard construction features a non-woven material that is combined with leather or nylon to impede fangs, thorns, and other nasty elements from penetrating the boot upper.
- Unisex Sizing: MudTrek come in unisex whole sizing that will accommodate men, women and youth. Sizes are shown in men’s sizes, so women should size down two full sizes.
Best Snake Boots – Buyers Guide
How to choose the best snake boots
Like the species against which they’re going to protect you, the best snake boots don’t come in the one-size-fits-all category. Instead, they are available in different types, materials, and styles. That makes it hard for anybody without prior knowledge to identify the best option for them.
To arm you with the same knowledge, this buying guide comes into play.
There are a number of materials manufacturer use in making snake proof boots. In most cases, you’ll see a pair containing two or three different materials to further enhance its protection level.
Some of the common materials used in making snake-proof boots include
- Leather: When it comes to the protection afforded to the wearer, leather boots come out on top. Though their heavyweight might make them troublesome for long hikes. So if you want to choose leather for the protection it provides, make sure it comes in the form of a blend.
- Synthetics: If you’re willing to wear a boot which won’t be breathable or super-flexible, synthetics such as Gore-Tex and Kevlar will justify your choice with their hard-to-penetrate weaves. The best snake boots combine synthetics with leather to give you the best of both worlds.
- Denim: Most of us are aware that Denim fabric is used to create jeans. Its thickness allows the manufacturers to use denim alongside other materials to increase protection. Though most manufacturers employ denim in a blend with other materials.
Design and Style
As you might already know, you can’t pick a pair of shiny boots to wear to the jungle. Their enhanced appearance will make such boots a target point for everything crawling under your feet. It’s imperative, therefore, that you make the right design choice.
- Camouflage appearance: Never go for boots which come in flashy colors to differentiate themselves from the crowd. Though you can settle for those whose natural looks haven’t come at the cost of basic camouflage.
- Mid-calf shaft: When selecting the length of the boots, keep two things in mind: your comfort and safety. Make sure the shaft of your boot, the part which goes above your ankle, extends at least up to the mid-calf area.
- Over-the-top pulls: These are loops sewn into the side of snake boots to help the wearer get them on. We recommend over-the-top pulls is because they are standard, easiest to tie even for a beginner and cost less.
Your Comfort level
Regardless of how bullet-proof a boot you might end up selecting, it won’t come to your rescue if you aren’t wearing it. Sounds like common sense? You’re right; but if a boot is uncomfortable, to begin with, you are extremely likely to leave it behind to make your journey pain-free.
Most pairs which are comfortable to wear offer the following qualities.
- Air circulation: Some snake boots use breathable fabrics to aid air circulation and keep sweat away. Others incorporate linings in their design to wick away sweat, before allowing it to evaporate. Make sure your boot employs a mechanism to allow easy airflow.
- Waterproof: In contrast to what many people choose to believe, you don’t have to choose between a waterproof boot and a breathable one. There are options out there, like the ones we mentioned above, whose breathable fabric also keeps water at bay.
- Closures: Both laces, as well as Velcro straps, are equally comfortable on snake boots. While the former provides the most custom fit, the latter comes handy for putting the boot on/off with ease. Consider the type of environment you’re going to use them before choosing the closures.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between regular boots and snake boots?
Unlike their regular counterparts, snake boots are made of puncture-proof materials. They employ a combination of leather, synthetics and (in some cases) Denim to create an impenetrable snake-guard lining which is then stitched between the boot’s inner lining and outside material. That’s the reason why when you compare them with regular boots, snake boots tend to be heavier.
How often should you replace Snake Boots?
The answer to this question depends on how you use the boots and take care of them. Examine your boots regularly to check whether there are any signs of significant damage. Damaged midsoles, worn-out soles, separated uppers, and too much flexibility are signs that you might need to replace your gear.
Can you wear snake boots in other environments?
Fortunately for their shoppers, snake boots happen to be quite versatile. Many outdoorsmen take advantage of this feature by wearing them whenever they’re walking on rough terrains and sharp rocks.
What to look for when choosing a pair of snake boots?
As stated earlier, there are three factors which deserve your attention while shopping for a pair of snake boots.
First, you need to make sure that their material is sturdy enough to protect you against bites. Second, the design of the boots should complement the environment you’re going to wear them. And finally, they should be comfortable.