If you suffer from cold feet or are looking for the best-heated socks to keep your feet warm in the winter, or when out in the snow, it can be difficult to choose thanks to the somewhat unlimited brands and styles on offer.
In this article, we take a look at three of the best pairs of heated socks on the market.
Before we review the socks, let’s take a quick look at what you should look for when buying.
Types of Heat
Typically you can get two different types of heated socks. One set is manually heated, meaning that your own body heat will warm them up. This may sound strange since if you have cold feet how could you possibly warm the sock up?
However, this is how many items work, such as sleeping bags for example. It’s not the bag that warms you up but you warm the bag and that in-turn keeps you warm.
So it’s the same with these ‘manual’ socks, they retain your natural body heat and keep your feet warmer than standard socks will. The name given to this kind of sock are ‘heat holders’.
The other type is electronic heated socks. These contain a rechargeable battery and heat up electronically. You can get them wet, so they are great for sports, or you can wear them around the house or out walking the dog.
Let’s look a little deeper into the types of electronically heated socks you can get. First off there are a few different types:
- 12v – these are connected to a 12v source and are typically used on motorcycles, ATV’s and Skidoos
- Rechargeable – Li-Ion batteries can be recharged over and over again
- Standard Batteries – Standard Aa or AAA batteries.
Out of the 3 options above, if I had to choose I would go with the rechargeable option for a couple of reasons.
- They can obviously be recharged which gives them an extended lifespan
- They are cheaper over the longer term since you do not need to buy new batteries for them
- They can be used anywhere as opposed to the 12v ones that need a vehicle of some sort
Top 3 Best Heated Sock Reviews
1. Heat Holders Thermal Socks
The Heat Holders are the ‘manual’ type of sock discussed above. The come in a wide range of colors and sizes and are suitable for both men and women.
They are somewhat cheaper than the 12v electric socks you will see below, however, this means you can get 2-3 pairs for the same price as a single pair of the 12v ones.
They claim to be over 7 times warmer than standard cotton socks, and I can attest to that. I have several pairs of these socks I use for ice fishing and even when camping and they do retain my body heat extremely well.
Tech Specs & Features
- 2.3 Tog rating
- 7x Warmer than cotton socks
- Hold the heat close to the body
- Have a grip on the sole to aid traction
- 20+ color options
- Machine washable
2. Global Vasion Electric Warm Heated Socks
These electronically heated socks from Global Vasion have rechargeable 3.7V lithium-ion batteries which mean these socks will last a very long time and can be ‘topped up’ whenever you need them.
Despite these having an electric current running through them, you can still get these socks wet, and they offer excellent breathability and wicking capabilities.
They are reinforced in the places you need most, mainly the toe and heel sections, this makes them a tough, durable and affordable solution for chronically cold feet.
Tech Specs & Features
- Rechargeable batteries
- Reinforced heel and toe
- Ideal for hunting, fishing, and hiking
- 3 Temperature Settings